With today’s technology comes portability. Laptops, tablets, and Ultrabooks are awesome tools for busy people on-the-go. But wouldn’t it be great if these devices had a full array of connectivity capability?
Tablets and Ultrabooks are limited in screen size and are often lacking in ports. Imagine using them more effectively by connecting them to other monitors, speakers, printers, external disk drives, and all of your other desktop USB peripherals. The Diamond DS6950 Ultra Dock allows you to do just that.
Note: For 5K support, you must connect both Display Port connectors to one 5K display monitor. For further information please consult your displays user manual.
Product Features & Information
- Compatible with both Type-C and Type A laptops
- Supports resolutions up to 5K when using dual DP simultaneously
- Dual 4K HDMI/Dual DisplayPort /4K HDMI + 4K DisplayPort Output
- Extended and Mirror desktop modes support
- 5.1 Channel Surround Sound
- External audio input and output jacks
- SuperSpeed USB 3.0
- Built-in RJ-45 Gigabit Ethernet Port
- DS6950 5K Ultra Docking station
- Power Adapter
- USB 3.1 Type C to USB 3.0 Type A 3.0 Cable
- USB 3.1 Type C to Type C Cable
- Quick Installation Guide
- Installation CD
Product weight 0.55 lbs.
Package weight 1.60 lbs.
Product Dimensions 8.8 x 3.3 x 1.1 inches
Package Dimensions 12.4 x 6.1 x 2.4 inches
- Standard Display Port x 2
- HDMI x 2
- RJ-45 Gigabyte Ethernet Port
- USB 3.0 Ports x 6
- DC Power Jack
- 3.5mm Lineout/Mic input
• Chipset DisplayLink DL-6950
• Number of Displays Supported 2
• Max resolution 5K (5120 x 2880@60Hz>) Note: 5K only via dual Display Ports only
• HDCP Yes, Protected video playback HDCP 2.0
Diamond Multimedia Ultra Dock 5K Dual Video USB-C/Ultra-HD 5K Docking Station (DS6950)
* HDMI Only
** Single Video Output Only
*** Uses both DisplayPorts
Frequently Asked Questions
– Does the DS6950 provide charging (Power Delivery) to my Laptop/Notebook PC?
– No, the DS6950 does not provide any charging via the USB Type C port to any Laptop or Notebook PC.
– I cannot get 4K resolution at 60Hz.
– On HDMI output make sure your HDMI cable is capable of 4K @ 60Hz. For Display port make sure your monitor supports DP 1.2 and make sure monitor settings are configured to use DP 1.2 and not 1.1.
– My PC did not come with a CD/DVD drive. How can I get the latest drivers?
– The Diamond DS6950 uses the Displaylink IC, we recommend you download the latest drivers for Windows, MAC, Chromebook, Android and Ubuntu from the official website.
Diamond Customer Support:
The technical team at Diamond Multimedia is committed to helping you. Our U.S. based support is always there to answer any and all of your questions on how to set up and use our products. Let us help find solutions on how Diamond products can be compatible with your devices.